Applications for 2018 to open at the end of 2017!
- The TS are valued at AUD$300 each and are open to Australasians who are members of the ACNC, with the number of scholarships each year decided at the discretion of the ACNC Committee.
- Preference will be given on an equal basis to first time applicants for a travel scholarship.
- Should the recipient of a TS subsequently be nominated or awarded an ACNC Clinical Excellence Award in the same year, eligibility for both will continue.
Who Can Apply
- The applicant must have ACNC membership for at least one year and be currently financial;
- Working or studying in a clinical area of cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery or working in an area where there is a large caseload of patients with cardiac conditions;
- You are eligible to apply if you have submitted an abstract.
Selection CriteriaApplicants should submit a one-page document describing:
- Details of their clinical area of work or study, including caseload and patient cardiac conditions;
- Their interest in cardiovascular health;
- The outcomes they anticipate from attending the Conference (e.g. how their knowledge, skills, careers, workplace will benefit from attending the Conference);
- Include 2 referees – whom you have worked closely with and they have been involved in your career pathway/development. e.g. mentor, supervisor, manager; and
Conditions of Receipt of Clinical Travel Scholarship
- Successful candidates will be required to write a short report for the ACNC website within 3 months of the Conference conclusion.
- Submitting an application gives the ACNC permission to use the information for promotional or publicity purposes; however no personal contact information will be shared.
- Where unforeseen circumstances mean you are unable to use the TS, it must be returned in full if you have not registered for the Conference. In circumstances where you have registered for the Conference, the cancellation policy will apply.
- Click here to download PDF flyer