Clinical Excellence AwardThe Australasian Cardiovascular Nursing College Clinical Excellence Award (CEA) in Cardiovascular Nursing is an esteemed award and is given to support and recognise the achievements of cardiovascular nurses.
The CEA is awarded to an individual in acknowledgement of their clinical excellence, dedication to cardiovascular nursing and personal advancement, as well as to acknowledge their professional support and leadership within their local environment.
Nominations for the Clinical Excellence Award (CEA) in Cardiovascular Nursing may be made by the applicant themselves, or by a peer/colleague. If you are nominating an individual for a CEA you need to ensure they are a current ACNC member and are planning to attend the Conference.
Applications for CEA 2018 to open at the end of 2017!
View the embedded image gallery online at:
The Clinical Excellence Awards
- The CEA are valued at $AUD500 each and are open to Australasians who are members of the ACNC, with one award being supported per year.
- Applications are reviewed and the awardee chosen by a panel of nominated ACNC committee members.
- Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to resubmit/be nominated in successive years.
- Should the recipient of a CEA subsequently be nominated or awarded an ACNC Clinical Travel Scholarship in the same year, eligibility for both will continue.
Who Can Apply or be Nominated
- The applicant must:
- have held ACNC membership for at least one year and be currently financial;
- have been working for at least 3 years in a Cardiovascular Nursing role;
- be currently employed in a Cardiovascular Nursing role;
- demonstrate leadership qualities and abilities at a local level;
- agree to their nomination prior to submission;
- attend the ACNC 2017 Conference; and
- agree to the conditions of receipt of a CEA (see below).
Selection CriteriaApplications should be a two page document (see attached) providing evidence including:
- A minimum of three years working in a Cardiovascular Nursing role;
- Current employment in a Cardiovascular Nursing role;
- Current ACNC financial membership and for the previous year;
- Leadership abilities or evidence demonstrated at a local level;
- Two professional referees whom the applicant has worked closely with.